Progress of project
- On schedule, all research sites (edulab schools, RVHS,YJC,IJC and non edulab schools NJC and ACJC) completed lessons with SSTRF in JC1 level wide implementation except RVHS is 1 class, interviewed all sites except NJC appending their confirmed date by this month.
- Estimated about 1000 students in YJC, IJC, NJC and ACJC participated in this SSTRF-ETD_2012_01 and 50 students in RVHS.
Challenges or difficulties faced
· Changes/Modifications made and reasons for the changes
- Students find SSTRF-ETD_2012_01 a key (interactive engagement and enhanced visualization) curriculum component that could better prepares students for the future especially when integrated into the lectures, tutorial questions and learning labs, and less effective when used as no-teacher guidance e-learning.
- Most if not all students find their learning enriched http://youtu.be/C1RPMJ_9Ea0
- Students find SSTRF-ETD_2012_01 provided alternate paths for different ability students to explore and play meaningfully with modelled physics concepts.
- Some students suggests that it is possible to be like scientists when the tasks are challenging and interesting http://youtu.be/up8UtWXFS38
Fund Utilisation1. Projected at 72%
Any other support/ mentoring needed and in what areas
- Currently integration into H1 and H2 syllabus development with CPDD